Senior Community Action
Senior Community Action is a group for people aged 50+ living, working or volunteering in the borough of Trafford. Members represent local voluntary groups and registered charities, faith groups, and tenants and residents associations; as well as individuals representing their local communities, whether geographical or interest.
Senior Community Action aims to be fully accessible to, and have representation from, all the diverse 50+ communities of Trafford, for example, those who have limited sight, the Deaf Community, those who are hard of hearing, the Lesbian and Gay Community, Black and Minority Ethnic Communities, people who experience mental ill health, socially isolated people, travellers and wheel chair users.
The list is not intended to be exhaustive as we aim to welcome and include all people aged 50+ in Trafford and create opportunities to participate as desired or required.
Senior Community Action serves many functions and aims:
- Review the progress of the 50+ Partnership Board against the targets of the 50+ Strategy.
- To be an effective mechanism for involving over 50’s in the planning, review and development of services in Trafford.
- Decide which elements of the 50+ Strategy should be focused on at upcoming 50+ Partnership Board meetings.
- To be the first point of call for consultation activities and information dissemination for people aged 50+ in Trafford to ensure engagement and information reaches the right people.
- To act as a voice for every Trafford resident aged over 50 and feed any issues or concerns to the relevant bodies.
Senior Community Action is open to anyone aged 50 and over living, working or volunteering in Trafford and members do not have to attend all meetings but can take part in consultations and events and may opt to only receive relevant information.
If you would like more information, or to become a member of Senior Community Action, then please contact Lynsey Cottle by calling 0161 962 7266 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, new members can download a membership form by clicking here or you can download a copy at the bottom of the page
Senior Community Action Newsletter
Senior Community Action produces a quarterly newsletter which is sent to all members. The newsletter contains lots of useful information aimed at the 50+ age group, as well as interesting articles and upcoming events.
All newsletters can be downloaded by clicking here
The newsletter schedule is as follows:
|Deadlines for Submissions||Distribution|
|Friday 8th June 2012||Wednesday 13th June 2012|
|Friday 7th September 2012||Wednesday 12th September 2012|
|Friday 7th December 2012||Wednesday 12th December 2012|
|Friday 8th March 2013||Wednesday 13th March 2013|
If you would like any articles including in the newsletter please contact Lynsey Cottle on 0161 962 7266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of all minutes can be found by clicking here