Support For Your Group
Trafford has hundreds of voluntary, community and faith groups ranging from small self help groups with a few members such as parent and toddler groups and tenant and resident groups, to groups that are affiliated to national charities and large service providers.
These groups are involved in a wode range of issues including housing, education, environment, sport, arts and regeneration. There are organisatons that work with particular groups such as children and young people, older people, people who are disabled and members of Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
VCAT offers a full range of advice, information and development support to these local groups, including:
- New group start-up support
- Support on governance and committee skills
- Advice on legal structures including registered charity and company limited by guarantee
- Organisational health checks and quality assurance work.
- Policy development
- Action planning for activities
- Project and business planning support
- Service user engagement
- Publicity and marketing
- Managing projects and activities
- Managing buildings
- Risk assessment
- Monitoring and evaluation
Fundraising & Sustainability
- Development of funding strategies
- Provision of funding information, advice and training
- Support with grant applications
- Advice and support with other funding sources
VCAT works with approximately 70 organisations each year on a one-to-one basis, this could be brief support around a single issue or could lead to an ongoing relationship and cover many issues.
If you think VCAT could help your group please contact the Development Team on 0161 973 5741 or email email@example.com